[vtkusers] Image Gradient manipulations

Lindsey McAninch lindsey at sci.utah.edu
Mon Oct 18 15:40:42 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a segmented image for which I want to calculate the gradients at
each point for the image.  I want to take the gradients and for a
certain point, take the vector inner product (or dot product) of that
point with each of the surrounding voxels.  I want to then use these
scalar values to do a color map back on to the image once it is
rendered.  My question is how to pull out the gradient at individual
points so I can further process it.  Also I am not sure exactly what I
am getting when I use vtkImageGradient.  If someone could explain this,
I would really be greatful.  Thanks again!

Lindsey
SCI Institute
University of Utah
--