[vtkusers] problem with vtk on linux (debian) with opengl libs from

Meshulum Laks mlaks at verizon.net
Sun Oct 17 22:39:27 EDT 2004

Dear Mathieu,
I removed all the debs that i added with the other
( http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html)
approach.
>   http://www.watchland.org/dmcgraw/ati-debian.html

I read this. I went through the steps. It says download the  doesn't mention
what to do with the ati rpm package.
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/fglrx-4.3.0-3.7.6.i386.rpm
I downloaded  fglrx-4.3.0-3.14.1.i386.rpm
 I converted it to a deb with alien, but when i attempted to install it with
dpkg -i I got an error message . it would not install cause it tried to
overwrite  /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 which is also in package xlibmesa-gl

What do I do about that?

>   also I wasn't able to use the one from :

Mitchell