[vtkusers] problem with vtk on linux (debian) with opengl libs from

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Sun Oct 17 16:19:56 EDT 2004

Mitchell,

   We have also problems here with ATI cards, the driver is maybe not as robust as some concurrent on the linux plateform.

   Anyway you should at least have something on the screen. How did you install your ATI driver on your debian system ? I used (require more tweaks but seems more reliable):

  http://www.watchland.org/dmcgraw/ati-debian.html

  also I wasn't able to use the one from :

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html

  You should also be able to swith from one to the other using LD_PRELOAD (either libGL from Mesa, or the ATI one). Be sure to recompile ATI driver properly to match your kernel, if it still fails, I'll send you my XFree86 config file.

HTH
Mathieu