[vtkusers] Complexity of Delaunay 3D Implementation in VTK

Samuel Rodríguez Bescos srodrigu at gbt.tfo.upm.es
Thu Oct 14 10:55:32 EDT 2004

Hi, everybody,

I'm trying to generate a triangulated mesh from a set of vertex of a box in
movement and I though of using Delaunay3D for this generation. The object is
introducing this mesh in a detect collision library for laparoscopic
simulation, where the time requirements are critical. I have used but the
calculation time is about 16 miliseconds, that I think isn't as fast as we'd
want.

To my knowledge there are some ways to calculate Delaunay triangulation with
different complexity  (n2, n log n, ...).

¿Do somebody knows the complexity of the Delaunay3D implementation in VTK?

If is the case, ¿Does anybody knows some more efficient Delaunay
implementation code or some faster triangularization algorithms ?

Thanks in advance.

Samuel

Samuel Rodríguez Bescós
Grupo de Bioingeniería y Telemedicina