[vtkusers] vtkTubeFilter with Multiple Scalars

Alan M Walczak awalczak at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Oct 13 17:02:12 EDT 2004

Hi,
I am trying to use the vtkTubeFilter to represent blood vessels using a
set of 3D centerline coordinates of the vessel with each point along the
centerline having a measured size and a measured curvature.

The centerline is represented as poly data and the size and
curvature as scalar values.  Currently I am able to display the tube
filter with only a single scalar value, either size or curvature,
represented as either radius or the color of the tube at each point.  I
am wondering is it possible to use both scalar sets at the same time with
the tube filter, using the measured vessel size as the radius scalar
and the curvature of the vessel as the color scalar.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this, or if there are any other
possible solutions to this problem.

Thank you very much,
Alan Walczak