[vtkusers] Re: vtk & prowarp

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Sun Nov 28 15:25:03 EST 2004

Hi Immo,

To use prowrap you need shared vtk libraries compiled against tcl83. In your
tcl scripts you can call "load vtkCommonTcl" etc.

The new way to produce stand-alone tcl applications is with "starpacks".
Have a look here: http://www.equi4.com .

To use vtk in a starpack, it must be "stubs enabled". I've recently had a go
at compiling stubs enabled vtk libraries. I've filed a bug report and have a
short wiki page here http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Tcl_Stubs . Hopefully, I'll
put up a more thorough wiki page about the whole process of making a
starpack with vtk soon.

Goodwin

news:200411261250.39913.trinks at esc.cam.ac.uk...