[vtkusers] VTK 4.4.x Windows binaries for Python 2.3?

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 28 02:06:16 EST 2004

Hi,

I encountered the usual problem with VTK 4.x Windows binaries being only
built for Python 2.1
- this issue is really very old now (2 years), and also you really should
update the Installation instructions plus the READMEs:
  Wrapping\Python\README.txt
  Wrapping\Python\README_WRAP.txt

So I downloaded the both 4.2 and 4.4 source distributions, and also CMake
2.0
But to build CMake on Windows requires Visual Studio or Borland (this is
also not
documented), which I do not have (I use Bloodshed Dev-C++ 4 with GCC).

Lastly, the binaries mentioned in Aurélien's email of Jun 24 2004 are no
longer available:
http://nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu:8080/files/share/VTK-4.4.2.win32.exe
and I'm not sure about the (older) version of:
  http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/dwnld/vtk/win32/

Can someone please make the Windows binaries for Python 2.3 available?
and/or Windows binary for CMake 2.0?
And will you upgrade the distribution to assume Python 2.3?

I am really looking forward to being able to use VTK... eventually!
Seems like a great package but the install experience is not ideal.

Best regards,
Stephen McInerney