[vtkusers] How to calculate the intersection of  PolyData  and  PolyData

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Wed Nov 24 15:44:18 EST 2004

Hi Ronghua

Richard LIANG <rhliang2001 at eyou.com> wrote on 25/11/2004 00:51:23:

> Hello, everyone,
>
>    I have two 3D implicit surface (both are load from STL file), How can
> calculate the intersection of them? I use vtkImplicitDataSet, but it
requires
> scalars. I will be most obliged if you can give me some helpful
suggestions.

> Best regards
> Ronghua

Given your previous request I suppose you mean two 3D polygonal surfaces,
not implicit?
Someone mentioned the GTS library recently, it says it has:

         Robust set operations on surfaces (union, intersection,
         difference).

GTS can be found at:  http://gts.sourceforge.net/

I will send you my vtk class to treat polydata as an implicit surface, but
note I can not claim it is 'robust'.

  regards
    Dave P