[vtkusers] vtkWrapPython parsing error (Syntax error parsing header file)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Nov 19 19:37:36 EST 2004

Michael Froh wrote:
> I tried your suggestion. I'm still getting the exact same error, which
> is particularly strange, since now, line 11 contains "//BTX".

While the BTX/ETX pair is necessary that was not actually the original
problem.  To wrap a class with VTK wrappers you need to meet these
conditions:

1.) The class name begins in "vtk" (like vtkFoo).
2.) The class is in a header with the same name (vtkFoo.h).
3.) The class derives from vtkObjectBase or a subclass.

VTK wrapping is not general-purpose like wrappers produced by SWIG.  It
is not intended for that purpose but only to produce bindings for VTK
classes.

-Brad