[vtkusers] vtkCollection->RemoveAllItems() not freeing memory on Windows

Andrew Wilford andrew at artwork.com
Wed Nov 17 14:29:46 EST 2004

Hi,

After examining the source for vtkCollection->RemoveAllItems(), I was under
the impresion that this function deleted all members of the collection
first. However, analyis of the memory used under Windows 2000 shows this not
to be the case. Subsequent use of the same collection (member variable of a
class) causes memory usage to increase with each iteration.

How do I successfully free the memory associated with vtkCollection?

Andrew Wilford