[vtkusers] memory limit issue in probe filter when resampling rectilinear grid

Burlen Loring burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Sat Nov 6 13:52:02 EST 2004

Hi does any one know if there are any guidlines for when a dataset is too
large for vtk?? Are there any inherent limits??

I am using python, and wrapped vtk on an AMD X86_64, fedora c2, to resample a
rectilinear grid that has 6E6 cells, with 3 scalars, and 3 vectors. The new
data set has 90E6 cells, and the same number of scalars and vectors.

when I run the probe filter I get the message on my teminal: "Aborted", and
that's it.

I think that it is a memory issue because, when I reduce the density (or the
overall size) of the probe grid, it works fine.

any information or comment is greatly appreciated.