[vtkusers] ImageActor

Beau Sapach beau.sapach at ualberta.ca
Fri Nov 5 15:54:44 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I've been posting a lot about actor2d and imageactor, but please, bear with
me.

My program cycles through a set of images (35) displaying them as a movie.
Using imagemapper and actor2d worked alright, but zooming the image slowed
things down enormously, so I switched to imageactor.  Zooming with
imageactor slowed things down just as much.  So I checked
RenderWindow->ReportCapabilities() and noticed that "Hardware acceleration =
false" so I upgraded to the newest Matrox driver (Millenium G400).  NOW
hardware acceleration=true and imageactor is FAST... works great, but the
actor2D version of the program is even slower than before.... weird huh?
Can anyone explain this?

Also, my image using imageactor appears very grainy, and high contrast, how
do I adjust the lookup table with imageactor?  I'm assuming it's the
lookuptable that's causing this.....  Thanks!

Beau