[vtkusers] Why is vtkDataArray tuple a Double ??

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Nov 5 07:14:56 EST 2004

cinq.mousq wrote:
> Since vtkDataArrayTemplate is here, why is the tuple notion still a double ? I think it should better be a T* now isnt it ? Also it could avoid the allocation of a special array of double, constant casts and allow direct acces through the tuple to the real data...
> What do you think about it ?null

The "SetTuple" interface is provided in the vtkDataArray superclass for
use without downcasting.  The "SetValue" interface is provided for the
subclass types by vtkDataArrayTemplate.  However, there does not seem to
be a "SetValue" that takes a tuple of the correct type.  Please submit
this as a feature request here:

http://www.vtk.org/Bug

and you will automatically be notified when it is implemented.

-Brad