[vtkusers] how to use vtk code in MFC

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Fri Nov 5 04:05:43 EST 2004

Peter,

This is an extract from the ML posted by Dean which may be relevant.

I have added three new classes to VTK for viewing/placing orientation
markers in a scene.  The two markers are vtkAxesActor, based on
Paraview's vtkPVAxesActor, and vtkAnnotatedCubeActor which looks pretty
much like the corner annotation marker seen in VolView 2 but uses
vtkVectorText ivars for the face text.

Either of these markers can be added to a widget that
affords interactive manipulation of the placement and size
of the marker in addition to causing the camera view of the marker to
match that of the camera view of a main renderer's
scene: vtkOrientationMarkerWidget, which is again based on
a Paraview class (vtkPVAxesWidget).  The implementation of
this widget is such that combinations of markers can be added to the
widget or, in general, any vtkProp with symmetric bounds.

John.