[vtkusers] how to use vtk code in MFC

Peter Wallin petwa055 at student.liu.se
Wed Nov 3 07:56:52 EST 2004

hello vtkUsers!

I have a question regarding a thread posted in february this year regarding implementing a vtk example into MFC.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-February/071615.html

It´s about how to use an oriented Axis that follows the main object when it´s being rotated. I have a working version with the Axis where I just use vtk , but when I want to combine it with my MFC application I do not get the Axis callback to work(it doesnt move when I rotate the object).Maybe it doesnt work because I dont exactly know where to put the AxisUpdate() function which the CommandCallback function uses,and how to call on it. In my current MFC application have I implemented everything in the viewDoc as in the vtkSDI example that ships with VTK.

It seems that James that wrote the thread managed to do it, but I havent been able to reach him so perhaps someone could help me out!

Kind Regards

/Peter