[vtkusers] My vtk4.2 Field problems

Gil gil at femplusplus.com
Thu Nov 4 05:35:06 EST 2004

Hi,

In the "good old" vtk3 days :), we used to tie a mesh to its results by the command:

   set f [[AttrReader GetOutput] GetFieldData]
   [[UGreader GetOutput] GetPointData] SetFieldData $f

where UGreader and AttrReader were the appropriate readers, and all the scalars and vectors of the field were there..

afterwards I used a vtkFieldDataToAttributeDataFilter for displaying the contours a vectors on the deformed mesh with the following methods:
obj1 SetScalarComponent 0 $name $index
or
obj2 SetVectorComponent 0 $name $ind1
and everything went fine.

Now I'm trying to use VTK4.2 to do it.
My questions are (in tcl):
1. how do I attach a scalar component (out of the field) to a wrapped geometry (e.g. create contours according to one of the components of a stress field)?
2. how do I do it for a partial mesh (after thresholding and not the whole mesh)?
3. is there somewhere an example that shows, in tcl, how to use: FieldData, Threshold, contours and vectors display?

Thanks,

Gil Lecker