[vtkusers] Help needed

Sean McInerney seanm at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 3 11:33:44 EST 2004

Soumen,

   vtkRenderWindow does not have a facility for defining a "damage
region" for redrawing, so each time Render() is called the buffers swap
and the glClear() is called. The best way to implement what you desire
is with 2 RenderWindows (one for the volume, one for the slices).

   In spite of what I have just said, you could experiment with the
Renderers' BackingStore and Erase ivars to achieve an undisturbed volume
renderer during update of the slice renderers. One of the Kitware
developers may want to comment on the feasibility of this, however.

-Sean