[vtkusers] unresolved external symbol

martin larrea misiones485_6300 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 1 07:31:19 EST 2004

Ok. Hello everybody.
Im trying to use implement an observer. I implemen a class (vtkCustomCallback), a very simple one...

class vtkCustomCallback : public vtkCommand
{
public:
  static vtkTPWCallback *New()
    { return new vtkTPWCallback; }
  virtual void Execute(vtkObject *caller, unsigned long, void*)
    {
    }
};

As you can see, its very simple. The problem is that when i try to build my proyect i get this errors...

TestPlanoW.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall vtkObjectBase::CollectRevisions(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (?CollectRevisions at vtkObjectBase@@MAEXAAV?$basic_ostream
@DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@@Z)
TestPlanoW.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall vtkObjectBase::PrintTrailer(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,class vtkIndent)" (?PrintTrailer at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXAAV?$basic_os
tream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
TestPlanoW.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall vtkObjectBase::PrintHeader(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,class vtkIndent)" (?PrintHeader at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXAAV?$basic_ostr
eam at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
TestPlanoW.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall vtkObjectBase::PrintSelf(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,class vtkIndent)" (?PrintSelf at vtkObjectBase@@UAEXAAV?$basic_ostream@
DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VvtkIndent@@@Z)
Debug/TestPlanoW.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

I search the web and i didn´t find information...
All my vtk proyecto work fines, i link all the vtk*.lib. The same problem happen in visual studio 6 en visual studio .net...

any ideas ?

Thanxs to all.
Bye.

Martín Larrea.