[vtkusers] Include library

Ludovic Godrant ludogo at yahoo.fr
Mon May 31 07:36:23 EDT 2004

Hello
VC++ needs too 2 others libraries :
opengl32.lib and glaux32.lib which are already installed with Windows.

@++
Ludo

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien <arbvtk at yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hi,
You need to link with vtk libs.
Add the needed vtk libs in the link tab of your project settings
or add this lines somewhere in your code :

#ifdef _MSC_VER // VC++ specific
#pragma comment( lib, "vtkCommon.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "vtkRendering.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "vtkHybrid.lib" )
#endif

Add all needed vtk libs.
You should download and compile a newer vtk package.
You should also upgrade your compiler to VC++ 7.1
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Modelado Estructural <proyestru at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi, I had installed vtk42-LatestRelease, in Windows 98, and I am using visual Studio 6.2, but when I ll try to build the .cpp demo I get this error message:

--------------------Configuration: Cpp11 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkRenderer::AddActor(class vtkProp *)" (__imp_?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkRenderWindowInteractor::SetRenderWindow(class vtkRenderWindow *)" (__imp_?SetRenderWindow at vtkRenderWindowInteractor@@QAEXPAVvtkRenderWindow@@@Z)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkRenderWindowInteractor * __cdecl vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkRenderWindowInteractor@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkRenderWindow * __cdecl vtkRenderWindow::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkRenderWindow@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp 11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkRenderer * __cdecl vtkRenderer::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkRenderer@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkActor * __cdecl vtkActor::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkActor@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkPolyDataMapper::SetInput(class vtkPolyData *)" (__imp_?SetInput at vtkPolyDataMapper@@QAEXPAVvtkPolyData@@@Z)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class vtkPolyData * __thiscall vtkPolyDataSource::GetOutput(void)" (__imp_?GetOutput at vtkPolyDataSource@@QAEPAVvtkPolyData@@XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkPolyDataMapper * __cdecl vtkPolyDataMapper::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkPolyDataMapper@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : er ror LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkSphereSource * __cdecl vtkSphereSource::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkSphereSource@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Debug/Cpp11.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Cpp11.exe - 11 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I think that is a path library error, but I dont know how specify this path.

Any idea ?

Thank in advance.

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL