[vtkusers] Include library

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Sat May 29 12:53:24 EDT 2004

Hi,
You need to link with vtk libs.
Add the needed vtk libs in the link tab of your project settings
or add this lines somewhere in your code :

#ifdef _MSC_VER // VC++ specific
#pragma comment( lib, "vtkCommon.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "vtkRendering.lib" )
#pragma comment( lib, "vtkHybrid.lib" )
#endif

Add all needed vtk libs.
You should download and compile a newer vtk package.
You should also upgrade your compiler to VC++ 7.1
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Modelado Estructural <proyestru at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi, I had installed vtk42-LatestRelease, in Windows 98, and I am using visual Studio 6.2, but when I ll try to build the .cpp demo I get this error message:

--------------------Configuration: Cpp11 - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkRenderer::AddActor(class vtkProp *)" (__imp_?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkRenderWindowInteractor::SetRenderWindow(class vtkRenderWindow *)" (__imp_?SetRenderWindow at vtkRenderWindowInteractor@@QAEXPAVvtkRenderWindow@@@Z)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkRenderWindowInteractor * __cdecl vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkRenderWindowInteractor@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkRenderWindow * __cdecl vtkRenderWindow::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkRenderWindow@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp 11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkRenderer * __cdecl vtkRenderer::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkRenderer@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkActor * __cdecl vtkActor::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkActor@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall vtkPolyDataMapper::SetInput(class vtkPolyData *)" (__imp_?SetInput at vtkPolyDataMapper@@QAEXPAVvtkPolyData@@@Z)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class vtkPolyData * __thiscall vtkPolyDataSource::GetOutput(void)" (__imp_?GetOutput at vtkPolyDataSource@@QAEPAVvtkPolyData@@XZ)
Cpp11.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkPolyDataMapper * __cdecl vtkPolyDataMapper::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkPolyDataMapper@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Cpp11.obj : er ror LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkSphereSource * __cdecl vtkSphereSource::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkSphereSource@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Debug/Cpp11.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Cpp11.exe - 11 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I think that is a path library error, but I dont know how specify this path.

Any idea ?

Thank in advance.

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail