[vtkusers] two renderer in renderwindow

Thomas Faust tf at thermoanalytics.com
Fri May 28 10:43:30 EDT 2004

Hi VTK users.

A while ago (with an older version of vtk) I wrote a application, that handles
two renderer in one renderwindow. A main renderer and a renderer that holds
three arrows to see the rotation of the volume in the other renderer.

This is what i did:

-- snip --
renderwindow->SetNumberofLayers( 2 );
renderwindow->AddRenderer( axesRenderer );
axesRenderer->SetLayer( 0 );
axesRenderer->SetBackground( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 );
axesRenderer->SetViewport( 0.0, 0.8, 0.2, 1.0 );
  // 20% in the upper left corner

renderwindow->AddRenderer( mainRenderer );
mainRenderer->SetLayer( 1 );
mainRenerer->SetBackground( 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 );
-- end snip --

I worked fine until I updated the the current VTK version.

Now I get a very ugly behavior when rotating the model. The background don't
get white again and when interacting with the model, it leaves prints
wherever it was drawn.

Did somebody saw the same behavior?
What is the right way to display two renderer correctly?