[vtkusers] how to integrate VTK in MFC without using CMake?

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Thu May 27 04:10:09 EDT 2004

Hi,

> Is this milist the right place for beginner ?
It's for all users ;)

> 1. In SDI_Instruction.chm file, Adrew suggest us to use CMake to build a project,
> but the example he wrote there is a step to use MFC App Wizard to create project.
> This means that this project will be overwritten by the project created by CMake.
> Is it correct ? I hope I am wrong ...:)
Yes, this is correct.
But you can use it without the cmake  project.

> 2. I cannot find the documentation about how to integrate VTK in MFC without
> using CMake. So, I conclude that the project file must be derived by CMake.
> Is it correct or not?  If so, how can I jump to certain class in Class View
> tab like I did before in MSVC IDE ?
No, this is not correct.
In your project settings, you need to add the include path of VTK, the lib path
of VTK and you have to link the needed VTK lib in the linker section of your
project.

> 3. How can I get the whole source contained in this milist ?
I don't get this one...

> 4. Is there anyone who willing to share their small program that implement
> VTK & MFC for beginner or where can I find the source as a good start to learn?
You can use vtkMFC Samples shipped with VTK...
You can download a bit more uptodate sample from
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=649
These have a project file for VC6 and VC7

> 5. Sometimes CMake stop working when trying to make a project file in "Compiling
> VTK loaded Command". What wrong with this?
Sorry, I have to pass on this one...

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255