[vtkusers] coordinate system confusion

Carl Stevens lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 10:29:47 EDT 2004

Hello..

When I say ImageData->SetOrigin(1,2,3)
what coordinate system is this?? (world, display, ..?)

Then when I a do SetCamera, what coordinate system am I affecting..??

and then if I am setting the PositionCoordinate of vtkCoordinate class, what
coordinate system is this??
And how can I make the 2 (ImageData Origin and PositionCoordinate) relate to
each other using the vtkCoordinate class??

So far I have

         float *xyz = new float[3];
	vtkCoordinate *Coords = vtkCoordinate::New();

        Coords->SetCoordinateSystemToWorld();
	Coords->SetValue( 1, 2, 3);                        //from my image data
origin
	xyz = Coords->GetComputedFloatViewportValue(Ren1);

	XAxisActor->SetPosition(xyz[0] , xyz[1]);
	XAxisActor->SetPosition2(1, xyz[1] );
	//the above is to get a straight horizontal lign originating at the origin
(lower left corner) of my image data

But it doesnt seem to be quite right...
I know its not right because I get negative numbers as my result, and the
PositionCoordinate must be between 0,1
?