[vtkusers] installation problems

Ozus, Bahadir OZUS at uthscsa.edu
Thu May 20 13:30:55 EDT 2004

I sent the below message and did not hear from anyone. Is this the wrong
place to ask for this kind of question?
Please, let me know if there is any other place where I can get help.

>From your messages, I understand that using VTK requires programming skills.
I am a medical physicist, work with medical images and don't have a lot of
programming skills. I heard about VTK and decided to take a look. I had
problems during installation. Would you advice me to stop at this point and
use IDL instead? As it was mentioned in an earlier message, it will be
easier for a scientist to use IDL. It looks like VTK is not mature enough
for non-programmers to make use of it. I would appreciate your advice on
this.
Bahadir Ozus, PhD
Post Doctoral Fellow
Department of Radiology