[vtkusers] VTK Fails to Repaint on Win32

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Fri May 14 11:43:39 EDT 2004

Hi,
It seems that you use .Net.
The refresh process is assured by the render window, so this can be a problem with a custom renderwindow made for using VTK in dotnet.
Could you describe what you are visualizing. Is the background image yours or handled by VTK ?
Does a simple example as the cone work ?
Greets.

Pedram Rezaei <pr at marinecomputing.com> wrote:
Dear all,

Browsing through the VTK's source code I know that VTK creates its own
child window and handles its WS_PAINT messages. However, in most
instances, it fails to repaint correctly (First time painting is fine
but repainting is not always correct). Please see the attached JPEG
file.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I am using VTK 4.2.3.

Thanks,

Pedram

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail