[vtkusers] error when using RemoveActor()

REGAT-BARREL Aurélien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Thu May 13 07:57:17 EDT 2004

Hi,
I know how to change my settings to UNICODE.
But the problem will persist and compiling VTK with UNICODE will be worst : most of VTK users create ANSI (non UNICODE) projects under Windows.
So, their RemoveProp calls will be translated to RemovePropA (which is currently done).
By compiling VTK with UNICODE, we will get RemovePropW exported in the dll, and the linker will fail to find RemovePropA.
It is the same for GetClassName, etc...
In fact, the problem that the owner of this thread has with using VTK (ANSI) in a UNICODE project will appear very frequently as most windows users do not define UNICODE...
So, I don't think that compiling VTK with UNICODE is a good idea while <windows.h> figures in vtk headers.

Greets.

Aurélien REGAT-BARREL

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail