[vtkusers] vtkXYPlotActor Axis Scaling

Henk Stolk hjs at maths.uq.edu.au
Fri May 7 01:57:04 EDT 2004

Dear vtkusers,

I am using vtkXYPlotActor to make time graphs of simulated
levels of chemical concentrations, for instance.

I'll typically have data for something like every minute during
a couple of days. Now I'd like to have a plot with, say, hours
or days on the X axis. However, vtkXYPlotActor seems to have its
own idea about units, and will for example put several thousand
values on the X axis, corresponding to each 1 minute data point.

How can the X axis be scaled to show the units (hours, days)
I want?

Best regards,

Henk Stolk, PhD Research Scholar
Advanced Computational Modelling Centre / ARC Centre for Complex Systems /
School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
University of Queensland
Brisbane QLD 4072, Australia