[vtkusers] texture map to cube

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu May 6 20:04:18 EDT 2004

>What you need is an image which is an unfolded cube and then write a
>texturemaptocube which computes the texture coords correctly

      ------
      | +Z |
      ------
 ---------------------
 | -X | -Y | +X | +Y |
 ---------------------
      ------
      | -Z |
      ------

>like this, then compute the texcoords from the offsets. Is that what you're
>trying to do?
>JB

JB, John thanks for your responses.

yep, that's what I'm trying to do.  I fiddled about with a modified
/Examples/VisualizationAlgorithms/Tcl/TransformTextureCoords.tcl
to experiment with a vtkCubeSource, but it appears I'll have to implement
vtkTextureMapToCube.  I'm trying to develop a corner orientation marker to
make vtkPVAxesWidget more general: e.g.,
currently there is

vtkPVAxesActor axesActor
vtkPVAxesWidget widget
  widget SetAxesActor axesActor

but what I envision is

vtkCubeOrientationActor cubeOrienter
vtkOrientationMarkerWidget widget
widget SetOrientationMarker cubeOrienter
or,
vtkAxesOrientationActor axesOrienter
widget SetOrientationMarker axesOrienter

I'll keep tinkering...(unless someone on VolView
wants to give me a hint :)

Dean