[vtkusers] Point Cloud / Surface / Hidden Points

Oliver Hornung olli.hornung at gmx.de
Thu May 6 04:37:02 EDT 2004

Hi vtk-users!
I am new to vtk and have the following problem. From stereo reconstruction I
obtained a point cloud of unordered points which I collect in a vtkPolyData
object. Afterwards I created a surface reconstruction filter and applied it
to the points which works well. My question is if there is a possibillity to
use this information to calculate which of the 3D points are visible from
the actual camera location. Can I use information of the surface normals and
compare it to the actual view vector? How can I combine point and
reconstructed surface information?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Oliver

--