[vtkusers] Finite element mesh color mapping

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon May 3 10:27:04 EDT 2004

Sreedhar Mogulla wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
>           I am trying to map the color of the nodal values in finite
> element mesh.But to my surprise I found some color which is not present
> in scalar Bar, which is present in the mesh.   I came to know that we
> have do it by some interpolation.How Can I rectify this problem?
>
>         Please help me in this regard.Thank you in advance.

Are you using VTK or ParaView ? If you are using ParaView then send us a
picture please. If you are using VTK, you have to use another
vtkLookupTable to match the data :

   vtkLookupTable *lut = vtkLookupTable::New();
   // This creates a blue to red lut.
   lut->SetHueRange (0.667, 0.0);

   mapper->SetLookupTable (lut);

   You should bypass the default OpenGL interpolation

Let me know if you have any other problem,
Mathieu