[vtkusers] vtkRectilinearGridGeometryFilter

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Tue Mar 23 14:05:13 EST 2004

Hi Vetria,

 From the header file, vtkRectilinearGridGeometryFilter.h:

   // Specify (imin,imax, jmin,jmax, kmin,kmax) indices.
   void SetExtent(int iMin, int iMax, int jMin, int jMax, int kMin, int kMax);

   // Specify (imin,imax, jmin,jmax, kmin,kmax) indices in array form.
   void SetExtent(int extent[6]);

To extract a plane, the min and max values in one of the i, j, or k
directions must be the same. For example (from RGrid.cxx):
     plane->SetExtent(0,46, 16,16, 0,43);
To instead extract a volume, make sure that the min and max values are not
the same. For example:
     plane->SetExtent(0,46, 3,16, 0,43);

- Amy