[vtkusers] Question asked by many, answered by none. (Help!)

jarv0075 jarv0075 at umn.edu
Mon Mar 22 18:11:02 EST 2004

The demo I refer to is the standard 'cow.tcl' demo under the vtkCutter
examples.  In this, they use the edges from vtkCutter to generate a
polyline loop, which works fine for simple polygons but once it encounters
holes it seems to be still trying to form one large polyline loop?  When it
triangulates, all triangles originate from a single point, and thus it
triangulates out to the edges of the holes, and the edges past the holes,
making things a total mess (see screen shot)

The screen shot can be found at
  http://www.cs.umn.edu/~tjarvis/tri_fail.jpg

The error message is as follows:
  ERROR: In vtkPolygon.cxx, line 1179
  vtkPolygon (0x818da20): Possible triangulation failure

I want to be able to cut with the plane, and fill in the slice with some
color.  Basically, to be able to triangulate the output of vtkCutter even
when holes are present.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!