[vtkusers] problems with vtkImagePlaneWidget

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Mon Mar 22 17:19:52 EST 2004

>My first solution requires a hammer and a chainsaw, so we'll skip to the
>second.  With the vtkImagePlaneWidget in latest CVS (I don't know when
>this was added, Dean?),

Well, it looks like Sebastien Barre started this back in October:
vtkImagePlaneWidget.h, rev. 1.37.

I haven't tried this button/key modifier stuff yet since all I have
now are 3 button wheel mice. Looking at Sebastien's changes though,
it appears that one has to sacrifice cursoring, or window levelling
in favour of one of the slice motions (pan, scale, rotate, spin, push etc.).
The function AdjustState, wherein modifier keys are checked, is only
called by StartSliceMotion and not StartCursor or StartWindowLevel.
I think to do what is being suggested would require some form of
AdjustState function for all Start* methods wherein modifiers could
be checked.  In the meantime, assigning functionality to two button
mice must be done programmatically.

I may look into this when I have time, or could help out as required if
someone else wants to give it a shot....

Dean