[vtkusers] Something for nothing....

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Thu Mar 18 11:35:05 EST 2004

Joey,

It is not a matter of wanting something for nothing. It is a matter of
realising that I am not the only one having difficulty (evidenced by the
incredibly varying level of difficulty people are having as per the ongoing
messages) and also realising that there is a huge amount of effort being
wasted simply because the information being generated isn't organised very
well (or at all). I too generally glance at the list for something that may
be if use to me. I haven't advanced enough as a user to start suggesting
solutions to people (and I assume that there are people better placed that I
to give succinct, complete answers).

The obvious advantage of creating such a forum would also be that the
frequency and volume of queries would be drastically reduced. When you say
you haven't time, it either because you are an expert user (for your own
purposes) and will never need to query again. Otherwise, it is clear that
the two hours needed to write a good document on a specific topic (in a
proforma environment) would be more than gained the next time you needed to
find out how to do something new yourself.

Yours sincerely,

Jim

______________________

James C. Robinson, PhD,