[vtkusers] Build failure for vtk on os x Panther with python

Frederick Grim fgrim at norby.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 16 21:11:34 EST 2004

Howdy all,
	As I get the chance I make a (generally weekly) attempt to build vtk
with python bindings.
It never works. So I wait a week, lookup some documentation, and try
again.  Well I have surrendered
Everytime I build vtk with the python bindings (if I can't have em I
can't use vtk as python is my prototyping
tool) I see a failure like:

Building shared library
/Users/hal9000/VTK/bin/libvtkCommonPythonD.dylib...
ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyErr_Clear
_PyFloat_FromDouble
_PyInt_FromLong
_PyString_FromString
__Py_NoneStruct
_PyErr_SetString
_PyExc_TypeError
_Py_BuildValue
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyCallable_Check
_PyExc_ValueError
_PyString_FromStringAndSize
_PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords
_PyArg_VaParse
_PyCFunction_NewEx
_PyCFunction_Type
_PyDict_DelItem
_PyDict_DelItemString
_PyDict_GetItem
_PyDict_GetItemString
_PyDict_New
_PyDict_SetItem
_PyDict_SetItemString
_PyDict_Type
_PyErr_ExceptionMatches
_PyErr_Print
_PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords
_PyEval_GetGlobals
_PyExc_AttributeError
_PyExc_KeyboardInterrupt
_PyExc_RuntimeError
_PyFloat_AsDouble
_PyInt_AsLong
_PyList_New
_PyList_SetItem
_PyList_Sort
_PyMethod_New
_PyObject_Free
_PyObject_GetAttrString
_PySequence_GetItem
_PySequence_SetItem
_PyString_AsString
_PyString_InternFromString
_PyString_Type
_PyTuple_GetItem
_PyTuple_GetSlice
_PyTuple_New
_PyTuple_Size
_PyTuple_Type
_PyType_IsSubtype
_PyType_Type
_Py_AtExit
_Py_Exit
__PyObject_New
__PyString_Resize
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[3]: *** [/Users/hal9000/VTK/bin/libvtkCommonPythonD.dylib] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Common] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

My CMakeCache.txt is attached.  What am I doing wrong here?

	Thanks
	Fred