[vtkusers] Extracting polygons from cells

jarv0075 jarv0075 at umn.edu
Fri Mar 12 16:43:55 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm attempting to slice through a 3D dataset using VTK cutter, and then
fill the polygon that represents the slice (via a plane).  The problem is,
the examples provided try to triangulate the edges returned by the cutter
as if it's a single polygon.  But in this dataset (MRI data), there are
several distinct polygons within the returned edges.

I have been able to break this down into distinct cells, but am a bit
puzzled as to why you can GetPoints from a cell, but not GetEdges, only get
one edge at a time.  If I could get all of the edges I think this would do
what I want (assuming I triangulate each poly loop formed from the cells
individually)

Anyone know how I can go about doing this?

Thanks!