[vtkusers] Converting PolyData to ImageData

Paul McGuinness mcguinpg at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Mar 12 12:49:31 EST 2004

Hi All,

I am visualizing complex structures using Surface Evolver, using this
software I output all the vertices and the facets information
(coordinates, etc) into a datafile. I wrote a vtk program that reads in
this information and using
vtkPolydata
vtkPoints
vtkCellArray
I rebuild my structure prefectly, but I would like to convert this
structure which is polydata to imagedata such that I can do volume
rendering on the structure and get some really interesting pictures.

Does anyone know how to do this, or an easier way I can do this?

Thanks,
Paul.