[vtkusers] quadratic cell types

John Platt jcplatt at lineone.net
Thu Mar 11 03:59:22 EST 2004

Hi Ursula,

Try and use a version later than 4.5.0 - there have been some fixes
particularly for the quadratic solids. Contouring can also be
challenging. Also bear in mind that some of the filters reduce quadratic
cells to groups of linear cells, so if you show edges, you do not get
the outline of the original quadratic cell.

I have not used vtkExtractGeometry recently so I can't comment but help
is usually available.

John.