[vtkusers] Serious(?) flaws in vtk code

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 19:46:22 EST 2004

> Well it is more than rumor, or rumor get paid ! They have actually
> invest in wxwidget, just like microsoft pay for the change of their name.
>
> http://www.wxwidgets.org/borland01.htm

However, if you read the Borland newsgroups you'll find that Borland has
no-one liasing with the wxWidgets team, that they have been behind on their
schedules for assistance with wxWidgets changes and developments, and if you
dig deeper you find that Borland have little apparent interest in any kind
of support for their "older" products. They have no upgrade path for
existing BCB users - they hinted at providing a vcl->wxWidgets transistion,
but after 6 months, they have released nothing (not even a press release)
which confirms their intentions (they said they'd release one). As the
principal contributor of all things Borland towards vtk for many years, I'd
advise anyone against using BCB for projects which have a long-term future.

Only $0.02 from me and I'm particularly unimpressed by Borland's behaviour
as you can probably tell by the tone of this email.

JB
Using vtk and .Net happily now.