[vtkusers] How can i view the edges inside an UnstructuredGrid?

Yasser Bashir itk_at_stanford at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 17:52:50 EST 2004

Hi Longfei,

I need to understand a few things about your code before i can help you.  What is the input image type.  Is your image binary?  i.e. are there only two kinds of voxel values in the image?

Is the output of the connector filter a 3D Image?  Have you verified the output of the connector filter to be correct.

I think once you answer these questions, you will know the solution yourself.  in either case let me know how it goes.

Yasser

Longfei Cong <lfcong at nlpr.ia.ac.cn> wrote:

Hi Yasser Bashir£¬

 Thank a millon for your help .

I used vtkClipVolume filter to genrerate a tetrahedral mesh .but there some problems.I seem that there are no meshs generated.

 clip->SetInput(connector->GetOutput());

clip->SetValue(200);

 clip->Update();
cout<<clip->GetClippedOutput();

The output in the screen is in the accessory. the code is code.exe.

Wish you can help me.

Best regards

Hi Longfei,

You can use the vtkClipVolume filter to genrerate a tetrahedral mesh from an image in voxel space.  The output will be an unstructuredgrid with tetrahedral cells.

vtkImageData* image = importer->GetOutput();

//VTK convert image to unstructured grid i.e. tetrahedrons.

cout << "\nClipping Volume";

clip = vtkClipVolume::New();

clip->SetInput(image);

clip->SetValue(0);

clip->Update();

If this doesnt work for you, try vtkDelaunay3D.

Hope this helps.

Yasser.