[vtkusers] RayCasting through two datasets

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Fri Mar 5 13:17:15 EST 2004

This will "sort of" work, but keep in mind that you will see some artifacts
on the data shifted up due to the fact that a thin shell of the lower
values will exist on the upper values at the zero / non-zero boundary. This
won't be too horrible if you first threshold the upper dataset based on the
first non-transparent value in your transfer function, and your transfer
function ramps up fairly quickly. Alternatively, if you switch to nearest
neighbor, or use the classify first option this artifact should go away
(but the image may appear more "voxelized").

Lisa