[vtkusers] Opacity Problem (Please help me)

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Wed Mar 3 10:31:36 EST 2004

Hello Sandip,

I assume you are using a volume mapper to render the data? You'll need to
either switch mappers (use the vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D instead of the
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper - this is usually faster) or use some
level-of-detail approach (using reduced resolution data sets, less rays
cast, etc) to improve performance. You may want to download VolView from
www.kitware.com to see how an LOD volume rendering strategy works in an
application (load your data and see the speed / quality VolView is able to
provide). You should be able to achieve something similar with VTK.

Lisa