[vtkusers] Compiling under Cygwin

Joey Mukherjee joey at swri.edu
Tue Mar 2 15:32:07 EST 2004

Is anyone using Cygwin 1.5.7-1 and VTK with X11?

When I use the above combination, I get a coredump in cygwin.dll.  VTK
on its own works okay (well, the test programs in bin) and my other X
programs which do not include VTK work fine, yet the combination of the
two causes an issue.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them, but I think this may be
more of an issue for the Cygwin list.

On Mar 2, 2004, at 9:18 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>> Should I post my changes to the mailing list or as a bug
>> report (Or both) ? There isn't much talk abot VTK and
>> Cygwin in the mailing list and the dashboard reports
>> successful builds at TRANTOR.KITWARE. So, all I found
>> out might already be fixed.
>

> 	We could build VTK on cygwin on a nightly basis without any problem.
> I could also build VTK on my cyg box at home, with only one problem:
> if I try to use the external jpeg (seems to be different than the one
> shipped with standart linux distrib).

Joey