[vtkusers] Still a Bug in vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow ??

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Tue Mar 2 09:30:28 EST 2004

Hi John,

> I had this problem with version 4.2. Have you tried moving the cleanup
> from the view destructor to OnDestroy()?
Yes, you are also right about 4.4.0. It works. I forgot to include
ON_WM_DESTROY() in my message map. That is why I always ended up in
the WM_DESTROY of the vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.
And of course, this must be in the OnDestroy, because the window handle
is already lost in the destructor.
And it only works, when one uses the ParentID !! anyways...
I am rewriting the sample now. This will be more efficient. There is
also a need of change in the vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor.
I will sent my changes to the mailing list for further discussion
because I don't know if the changes I make will be okay with Borland
or cygwin or any other Win32 compiler.

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255