[vtkusers] Compiling under Cygwin

Juergen.Schuck at materna.de Juergen.Schuck at materna.de
Tue Mar 2 06:57:31 EST 2004

I compiled VTK 4.2.3 from the CD in the User's Guide
under a recent release of Cygwin on a W2K box with
wrapping for Java and Tcl turned on.
There were various error messages (e.g. unresolved
externals, include file not found, undefined variables)
during the compilation. I made some workarounds and
got finally most of the tests passing (The Ensight stuff
doesn't pass).
Should I post my changes to the mailing list or as a bug
report (Or both) ? There isn't much talk abot VTK and
Cygwin in the mailing list and the dashboard reports
successful builds at TRANTOR.KITWARE. So, all I found
out might already be fixed.

Jürgen.