[vtkusers] Interaction problems on Mac OS X 10.3.2

Jim Miller jrmiller at ku.edu
Mon Mar 1 09:07:36 EST 2004

I have recently installed and have been (mostly successfully) running
vtk on my two macs (a G4 laptop and a G4 desktop). They both are running
OS 10.3.2.  I run vtk from an X11 shell (X11 1.0 - XFree86 4.3.0,
downloaded from the Apple site). While I can use the mouse to
dynamically rotate and zoom the image in the vtk window, the problems I
am seeing are: (i) I cannot bring the vtk window to the front by
clicking on its window boundary; instead, clicking on the top border is
ignored, and the window stays behind whatever other windows were
partially obscuring it, and (ii) keyboard events do not get caught by
the vtk window; they are simply echoed instead in the shell window from
which the program was launched.  (The same programs work completely
normally on various linux and unix machines on which I have also
installed vtk.)

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and -- more importantly
-- how I can fix it?