[vtkusers] vtkImageData and VTKImageReslice

N.E. Mackenzie Mackay 9nem at qlink.queensu.ca
Wed Jun 30 10:37:23 EDT 2004

Hey everyone,

	I am having some difficulties with my results from vtkImageReslice.  I
am taking a reslice through a volume along a predefined plane.

	The image obtained from the reslice is fine.  When I display it in 2D
using VTKImageActor I can see that the origin is in the correct place
and the spacing of the image is correct.  What I am trying to do is
place the image in a 3d location which vtkImageActor  cannot do unless
the image is orthogonal to x,y or z.  I decided to use VTKPlaneSource
and here is where the problem begins.  To correctly define the
VTKPlaneSource I need 2 points and a origin.  To do this I used this
code:

	reslice->Update();
	vtkImageData *volumeResliceImage = vtkImageData::New();
	volumeResliceImage->DeepCopy(reslice->GetOutput());

	float spacing[3];
	float origin[3];
	float dimensions[3];

	volumeResliceImage->GetSpacing(spacing);
	volumeResliceImage->GetOrigin(origin);
	volumeResliceImage->GetDimensions(dimensions);

When I print off the values from this I get a bunch of garbage outputs.

I was wondering if anyone can see something I have done wrong here.  I
kept the above code simple.  What I actaully do is pass the image from
the reslice to a vtkImageMapToColors and then get the vtkImageData from
that.  Updates are still in the code.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Neilson