[vtkusers] Joining mesh models

Henkjan Huisman h.huisman at rad.umcn.nl
Wed Jun 30 10:11:03 EDT 2004

Hi

I have a VTK medical imaging application in which I built a 3D editor.
You can place mesh spheres and add them to a mesh model under edit.
Besides 3D Renderer I also display cross sections in 2D image viewers to
allow user for precise positioning. Joining the sphere with the model
cannot be done immediately even if both are mesh models. I implemented
it now by converting mesh models to image domain. Perform join (or
subtract) in image domain and then transform image domain back to
surface model (MarchingCubes). This is kind of slow.

Is there a faster way to join two mesh models?

--
Henkjan Huisman <h.huisman at rad.umcn.nl>