[vtkusers] wxPython and VTK

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Fri Jun 25 04:49:10 EDT 2004

david ignacio wrote:
> Using the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor and other classes, I have two
> frames, a gui and a wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor in a frame.  The
> problem is that the wxVTKRWI frame has a big grey box in front of
> everything.  I have no idea why this is happening.
> Even running the demo/sample applications (just a simple cone)
> included with the libraries do not work.  I get the same mysterious
> grey box.  The interaction events are captured fine, you can actually

I've never seen this in the 2 years that I've been intensively using the
wxVTKRWI.  During this time, I've mostly been tracking VTK CVS on Debian
3.0 and on Windows XP, with Python 2.2 and 2.3 and everything up to
wxPython 2.4.2.4.

Have you tried different versions of the constituent software?  Are you
perhaps running wxPython 2.5.x?  Do the pure Python VTK examples (i.e.
not with wxPython) work?