[vtkusers] How to generate X-Ray Projection

paulus joo paulusjoo at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 08:28:43 EDT 2004

Hi de Boer Ingo and VTK users.

Many thanks for helping me at VTK (in my previous question). Now I can do surface rendering and volume rendering of my own CT data set, adding control button to navigate it. I will share the code of this modules (MFC based) if any of vtk users need it.

But also I want to ask another questions.I have two questions related to volume rendering with VTK.
1. I want to generate X-Ray 2D image from the 3D volume. Some articles on the internet mention that MIP projection can produce image look likes X-Ray image, and some articles mention about "average intensity projection" should be used to obtain X-Ray image. Which one (or both) was wrong?
2. How can I save the projection (at 6 planes of the cube) obtained in question 1 into image files?

Many thanks in advance